Awaken Awareness Within
Heaven--uninterrupted, unbroken peace and happiness--is within.
Finding Heaven within is the purpose of a spiritual path.
Contemplative self-inquiry is the Way.
- To uncover unconscious assumptions and beliefs which cause an unhappy life experience;
- To investigate if they are true;
- To call forth an already-existing clarity within;
- To allow false beliefs to dissolve, through lack of involvement or interest;
- To identify and question emotional reactions which we seem compelled to involve in;
- To discover our undeniable freedom to choose to be involved or not;
- To become aware, fully aware of the cost of choosing to be involved / identified with emotional reactions;
- To recover an innate capacity to un-involve and simply witness with kind neutrality, any and all emotional storms;
- To realize our Real identity as the unhurtable, immutable Presence in which all experience arises, comes to a peak and dissolves;
- Awareness (the heaven within) shines again as love, harmony and peace.
Self-inquiry is a process which uses highly effective, precise questions, and demands answers based on Truth; not one's personal opinion or memorized facts. Effective self-inquiry requires a willingness to to be --the silence of pure Awareness / Consciousness.
Awareness, or Consciousness, is the silent power which runs the entire universe. It animates and makes possible all things visible and invisible. Planets spin in their orbits, galaxies rotate through the cosmos in perfect order, without chaos or confusion--never making a sound! Pure, silent power.
Awareness is Life itself. The One Life which is living everything.
The One Life which is being alive, without beginning and without end.
Yet, most of us ignore or don't realize the mysterious reality of Life Itself: The Divine Self within. Most of us have been conditioned to give all our attention and all value to our object-based experience: thoughts, thinking, intellectualism, emotions, and sensations; to images, and perceptions: all mere passing objects in the ever-present, un-changeable light of awareness.
While we ignore or devalue Life Itself--the stable, vibrantly alive Intelligence and the source of all temporary life forms, we can never know permanent, uninterrupted happiness.
For lasting happiness, the most significant thing that can happen is to discover What is Aware? What is it that has always been, always is, and always will Be? And am I different from That?
Self-inquiry is the key which the door to an entirely new reality.
What if you became interested in What is aware? What if your attention could no longer be captured and held hostage by every thought which appears in your consciousness? What if you refused to be a mere puppet to every emotional reaction? What if you started being interested in What is aware, more interested in that than in the "usual suspects"--repetitive thoughts, mechanical emotions, memorized images?
Self-inquiry is the invitation to discover what happens when you choose to pay attention to the one thing that is always alive, ever-present and vastly intelligent.
You are the one, and the power is within you, released through inquiry and silence, that can set you free. --Byron Katie
Self-inquiry is a tool which invites light of awareness to shine in one's life experience.
Thinking outside the box—and then getting even outside of thinking. That is what this open, pure Awareness is.
Notice any thinking that tries to object to this. It might, because it means thinking no longer is the only game in town.--Peter Francis Dziuban (Simply Notice)
"The reason the Whole Truth can be found within you is because you
are both the specific and a complete expression of the Whole Truth." ---Vernon Howard